Child killed by falling tree branch in Tomball
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A toddler was fatally struck by a tree branch while her mother was helping to decorate for Christmas at a clinic in Tomball.
The accident happened at around 8pm Tuesday. A woman was pushing a child in a stroller when a large oak tree branch fell on them. The child took the brunt of the blow.
Life Flight transported the 1-year-old girl to Memorial Hermann Hospital. The toddler's family says 15 doctors and nurses worked to save the child but were unsuccessful. She died at the hospital.
According to Tomball police, the mother was pushing her stroller on the grounds at the Cadwalader Behavioral Clinic on Crescent Drive. According to a friend of the family, the woman was volunteering at an event at the clinic when the accident happened.
The girl's mother, who was also struck by the branch, is being treated at a hospital for her injuries, which are non-life threatening.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course