Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The owner of a Clear Lake maternity and baby boutique is not just turning to the media but social media to catch a shoplifter.
Darcy Santala owns Haute Mommies and says Wednesday afternoon, a very rude customer entered her store and spent about ten minutes inside. Employees thought she was suspicious and after she left they checked the surveillance and she could be seen stuffing items in a large Louis Vuitton bag.
Santala posted the video on the boutique's Facebook page and has gotten a lot of responses. Houston police are also looking over the video.
The owner says she's already seen what she believes are high end items from her store on virtual garage sale web sites.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, christine dobbyn
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico 20 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038