Dad guilty of murder in daughter's death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It's a horrific case -- a five-month-old girl died, after police say she was beaten by her father, and a jury has found him guilty of the crime.
Iniubong Ebong was charged with murder in the death of his daughter Indiya. During Friday's testimony, the medical examiner said the baby suffered internal bleeding, a lacerated liver and 24 broken bones when she died the day after Thanksgiving in 2010.
Ebong's defense has suggested that the mother's attempt to perform CPR on the baby could have killed her. Attorneys presented his side of the case on Monday.
Jurors deliberated Monday afternoon before finding Ebong guilty of murder. The sentencing phase begins on Tuesday. He faces up to life in prison.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police investigating attempted smash-and-grab 32 min ago
- Photos: 7 big brands that are stuggling 37 min ago
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Sketch released of suspect in elderly woman assault 6 min ago
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season 18 kicks off tonight 41 min ago
- Residents jump from windows to escape apartment fire 1 min ago
- St. Patrick's Day traditions decoded 21 min ago
- Keep grays at bay with root touch-up products
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- Canada-Mexico flight makes emergency Montana stop
- Fiat recalling more than 18,000 2014 Fiat 500Ls
- Cab driver accused of exposing himself to girl
- Travis Herzog's Monday weather forecast
48 min ago
- Reviving Historic Fifth Ward
25 min ago