League City man accused of killing, burying mom in backyard
LEAGUE CITY, TX -- A Houston-area man has been indicted over the 2012 death of his mother whose body was found buried in the backyard of their home.
Galveston County jail records show 55-year-old John Scott Timler of League City was being held Tuesday on charges of murder and tampering with evidence. Bond was $175,000 for Timler, who's requested a court-appointed lawyer.
The Galveston County Daily News reports Timler was arrested Friday after being indicted.
League City police in June 2012 found the body of 73-year-old Joyce Annette Timler under some freshly turned dirt. Police had been investigating suspicious withdrawals from the woman's account after bank officials couldn't reach her. Investigators believe the victim was choked.
John Timler in January pleaded guilty to forgery and was sentenced to 18 months in state jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 54 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects