League City man accused of killing, burying mom in backyard
LEAGUE CITY, TX -- A Houston-area man has been indicted over the 2012 death of his mother whose body was found buried in the backyard of their home.
Galveston County jail records show 55-year-old John Scott Timler of League City was being held Tuesday on charges of murder and tampering with evidence. Bond was $175,000 for Timler, who's requested a court-appointed lawyer.
The Galveston County Daily News reports Timler was arrested Friday after being indicted.
League City police in June 2012 found the body of 73-year-old Joyce Annette Timler under some freshly turned dirt. Police had been investigating suspicious withdrawals from the woman's account after bank officials couldn't reach her. Investigators believe the victim was choked.
John Timler in January pleaded guilty to forgery and was sentenced to 18 months in state jail.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- SKorean president: Ferry crew actions 'murderous'
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 39 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms
- New study says laughing makes your brain work better
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20