Man accused of beating, leaving co-worker naked in ditch
LA MARQUE, TX (KTRK) -- A man was found naked, beaten and tied up in a ditch in La Marque after a dispute with a co-worker. It's a strange case that has one man recovering in a hospital bed and another in jail.
David Franey, Jr.'s life changed last Thursday. The 47-year-old is now in the trauma center at UTMB.
"I feel like I got hit by a truck," he said.
Although he is slowly recovering, he suffered a number of broken bones. Franey says he got into an argument with his roommate and co-worker, James Aron Lee, Jr., 31, over their neighbor's dog.
Franey explained, "The lady next door gave me this little puppy, right? And my roommate was trying to date her. So I came home and the puppy's leash was nothing, and she said, 'Well, he's jumping on my fence.'"
Franey says Lee waited for him to get out of the shower and then attacked him.
"Knocked me out, tied me up, tried to hang me once or twice. Then he took me out to the woods," Franey recalled.
Franey was still naked when he says Lee ran over him, tied him to a tree and then left him in a ditch. La Marque police found him in a rural area Thursday night, drifting in and out of consciousness.
He said, "That's a fight for human life, man. You want to get up and go. Then he caught me and he tied me to a tree. I lay there about six or seven hours, I guess, and I could hear the traffic."
Lee is now in the Galveston County Jail, charged with aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury and unlawful restraint. His bond has been set at $500,000.
"Man, I have no idea," Franey said. "I've only known him about four months altogether."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 41 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 21 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 51 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse