Alleged 'Badly Beaten Bandit' charged in bank robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old man, dubbed the "Badly Beaten Bandit" because of bruises on his face, has been charged with bank robbery.
Police say on December 3, Preston Dean Murski told the teller of Prosperity Bank on Yale, "Give me the money bags. I'm having a bad day, you don't want a bad day."
According to court documents, Murski was tapping his fingers on a gun that was tucked in his waistband. A security guard and other employees were unaware the bank was being robbed, but saw the man run from the scene.
A picture of Murski was captured by bank cameras and shown by the media, which led police to his identification.
Murski is charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. He's in jail and bond has been set at $50,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 24 min ago
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend 33 min ago
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury? 45 min ago
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings 46 min ago
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods