Alleged 'Badly Beaten Bandit' charged in bank robbery
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old man, dubbed the "Badly Beaten Bandit" because of bruises on his face, has been charged with bank robbery.
Police say on December 3, Preston Dean Murski told the teller of Prosperity Bank on Yale, "Give me the money bags. I'm having a bad day, you don't want a bad day."
According to court documents, Murski was tapping his fingers on a gun that was tucked in his waistband. A security guard and other employees were unaware the bank was being robbed, but saw the man run from the scene.
A picture of Murski was captured by bank cameras and shown by the media, which led police to his identification.
Murski is charged with aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon. He's in jail and bond has been set at $50,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Lockdown at Kemah Walmart lifted
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 8 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290