Six UH students reportedly robbed at gunpoint in dorm
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The University of Houston Police Department sent out a warning Friday morning after six students were reportedly robbed inside a campus dorm.
The news spread fast around campus.
"I think it's a little ridiculous,' said student Ben Moyette. "Every two weeks you get an email about four males robbing someone. Now it's in the dorm, used to just be in the parking lot right there."
It happened a little after 2am Friday. Two groups of students were studying for finals in the basement area of Law Residence Hall when three men in hooded sweatshirts stormed in.
Two of them men had guns and robbed the students of their cell phones and wallets.
"I live on campus, so the fact that there's a robbery going on where I live, that's not OK because it's my home," said student Rebeca Trejo. "I want to feel safe."
But with armed criminals breaching a secure residential hall, it leaves a strong feeling of insecurity.
The descriptions of the suspects are as follows:
Suspect 1: Black male, approximately 5'8" to 5'10" in height, medium build, medium skin tone, 18-22 years of age, wearing a red hooded jacket and baggy gray sweatpants.
Suspect #2: Black male, approximately 6'0" to 6'2" in height, Heavy build, medium skin tone, 18-22 years of age, wearing a red hooded jacket with a "beanie cap" and baggy pants.
Suspect #3: Black male, unknown clothing or physical description.
No injuries were reported. If you have any information on this case, you're asked to contact University of Houston police
On Thursday, UH President Renu Khator tweeted, "Authorized to add 10 security officers a months for next 3 months. Let's build a safe UH together!"
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
university of houston, local
- weather: Rain moving through our area
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Search for missing jet now includes 25 countries
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Wrong way driver killed after slamming into students' SUV
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Houston Ship Channel collision under investigation
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Crimea votes on whether to secede from Ukraine
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days