Tech sergeant returns in time for Christmas, surprises children at school
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- There's nothing like being home for the holidays especially when you've been gone for months, serving your country a world away.
Over the last nine months, tech sergeant Heaven Adams has been able to Skype with his family when the Internet connection works. But on Friday, he surprised his kids with some real face time.
Four-year-old Aiden was pulled out of pre-K class to take a picture with Santa and he knows what he wants for Christmas -- his daddy. And when he asked, that's exactly what old Saint Nick offered up.
Adams has been on deployment in Turkey for the last nine months, but he's home for the holidays. Aiden just doesn't want to let go of dad, but there's one more surprise. Dad will need flowers when he goes to see his five-year-old daughter Julianna at Carmichael Elementary.
Moms says both kids are in shock, and she might have been as well. Brittany Adams was so excited she went to the wrong airport to pick up her husband.
"Finally asked one of the ladies that worked there. I was like, 'What time does his flight come in?' She was like, 'It's at Bush.' So I had to haul butt over there to go get him," she said.
Months of waiting to be in dad's arms is finally over ,and it will be a family Christmas.
"It's great I actually get to see them after nine months," Heaven Adams said.
Adams will be home for 21 days before deploying once again.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, erik barajas
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 19 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 40 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Plane emergency reported at Philly airport
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis 25 min ago
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns
- Gang members could be banned in parts of Harris Co.
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home