Off-duty reserve deputy dies in violent single-vehicle accident on Gulf Freeway
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An officer is dead after a crash in southeast Houston.
The off-duty Harris County Precinct 6 Constable's Office reserve deputy was a passenger in a pickup truck on the Gulf Freeway near Airport when the crashed happened.
According to investigators, the truck was northbound on the interstate when it ran into a wall at Airport. The deputy was ejected and died after falling from an overpass onto the road below.
The driver of the truck was taken to the hospital in unknown condition. It's unclear what caused the accident.
The identity of the reserve deputy has not been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'