Baytown police officer airlifted to area hospital after crash on Highway 146
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A Baytown police officer was airlifted after a crash Sunday morning on Highway 146.
The two-vehicle collision happened at the North Main intersection.
According to a Baytown police spokesperson, the officer was en route to a disturbance call at San Jacinto Mall when his patrol vehicle was struck on the passenger side by a Chevrolet Suburban. The cruiser veered into a light pole before it came to rest.
The officer was flown to an area hospital as a precaution. Officials said he had a shattered ankle and is expected to be OK. No other injuries were reported, and no charges have been filed.
The crash remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 13 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County 47 min ago
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care 59 min ago
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS 42 min ago
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant 49 min ago
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives? 47 min ago
- Dangerous sex offenders' moving into Houston area? 15 min ago
- There's pee in the water -- again!