Baytown police officer airlifted to area hospital after crash on Highway 146
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A Baytown police officer was airlifted after a crash Sunday morning on Highway 146.
The two-vehicle collision happened at the North Main intersection.
According to a Baytown police spokesperson, the officer was en route to a disturbance call at San Jacinto Mall when his patrol vehicle was struck on the passenger side by a Chevrolet Suburban. The cruiser veered into a light pole before it came to rest.
The officer was flown to an area hospital as a precaution. Officials said he had a shattered ankle and is expected to be OK. No other injuries were reported, and no charges have been filed.
The crash remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program