Water main break floods street, causes water outage in southwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A water main break in southwest Houston left residents and businesses in the area without water for hours and, at one point, flooded a street.
It happened before 8am on Meadowglen and Wilcrest, and water wasn't restored until about 5pm.
The water main break forced the city to cut off water to some buildings and residents in the area in order to repair the problem. Although it was a temporary problem to have for residents, it was a frustrating one.
"I live right here and it's ridiculous," said resident Franchell Graham. "I don't know what's going on, but my boyfriend told me our water isn't working."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter 54 min ago
- Road rage incident ends with shooting of girl 31 min ago
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Good Samaritans run over in SW Houston carjacking 28 min ago
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo 19 min ago
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire 1 min ago
- Officials bust meth lab inside million-dollar home 2 min ago
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation 52 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- David Tillman's weather forecast
5 min ago