Channelview shooting motive sought by police
CHANNELVIEW, TX (KTRK) -- Five people were injured when someone opened fire with a shotgun in Channelview yesterday and now, Harris County deputies are trying to determine a motive.
Investigators were called to the 900 block of Ashland Boulevard near Elgin Street yesterday afternoon. They found a man with a gunshot wound lying in front of a home.
He was taken to East Houston Regional Medical Center and then transported via Life Flight to Memorial Hermann Hospital.
Deputies later found out a driver took four other shooting victims to East Houston Regional Medical Center. They were transported in a bullet-riddled pickup truck.
One of those injured teens is the 17-year-old son of Elma Flores.
"It's uncalled for," Flores said. "I never thought that it could happen to me and my son. He's in high school and he's my baby."
Deputies said a shotgun was used in the shootings.
Relatives say the victims were all teens and most of them attend Channelview High School. At last check, all five of them were stable and some were being interviewed by investigators while family members waited nearby, praying.
Deputies are still looking for a motive in the shootings.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for updates as we continue following this story.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared 59 min ago
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box 40 min ago
- Two charged in death of North Texas student
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Big quake strikes off N. California, no tsunami threat
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida