Burglars open fire on homeowner in northwest Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It was a close call for a northwest Houston homeowner who was attacked by burglars. They opened fire on him.
The crooks came after the homeowner just before noon on Larsten near Brooktree. Houston police tell us the homeowner had just driven up to his driveway when he noticed something was not right.
We're told the homeowner saw three men leaving his home just as he was arriving. One of the suspects fired at least four shots. But luckily, police say, the homeowner was not hit.
Eyewitness News was there as the victim reenacted what he saw to a police officer. Authorities tell us they are now looking for two black males and one Hispanic male in connection with this armed robbery.
We reached out to the homeowner but he refused to talk to us.
Neighbors in the Shadow Oaks subdivision tell us this is a rather quiet area. They are surprised something like this happened so close to home.
Again, Houston police are looking for three suspects. We're told they left in a silver Buick.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case 40 min ago
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths 6 min ago
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options 1 min ago
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez 41 min ago
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old 49 min ago
- Two injured when SUV drives into barber shop 59 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight 30 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
15 min ago
- Taking Rodeo fun to the extreme
55 min ago