Man hit by two cars while crossing street in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man has been fatally struck by a car while crossing a street in northwest Houston.
The accident happened around 6:30am on Hempstead at Dacoma. Police say that according to witnesses, three people who had gotten off a METRO bus were standing on the shoulder of the road and attempted to cross Hempstead Highway. The driver of a black Chevrolet Malibu traveling on Hempstead said she saw two of the pedestrians cross in front of her.
The driver also told police that she suddenly saw the third person in front of her vehicle. She didn't have time to stop and the Malibu struck the man.
A second vehicle of unknown make or model than ran over the victim in the road, but did not stop.
The driver of the Malibu stayed at the scene and tried to provide medical assistance to the victim. HFD paramedics responded to the scene and pronounced the victim deceased. Police say the man was 60 years old, but his identity has not been released.
Alcohol was not believed to be a factor in the accident. The investigation is continuing.
Anyone with information on the second vehicle involved in the accident is urged to contact the HPD Hit and Run Unit at 713-247-4065.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill 28 min ago
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs 29 min ago
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
29 min ago