Chase suspect crashes into tree in NW Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Four people who ran from police are all in the hospital this morning after crashing into a tree at the end of a chase in northwest Houston.
According to police, a crime reduction unit was patrolling an apartment complex on Pitner near Hempstead for gang activity when they spotted three adults males and a female in a car. They tried to pull them over but the driver took off.
The short pursuit came to an end at the intersection of Hollister and Moore when the suspect crashed into a tree.
The suspect had three other passengers in the car. The driver was taken to Ben Taub Hospital and is listed in critical condition. The other three people were also taken to hospitals with non-life threatening injuries.
"Apparently the impact, there was a weapon thrown out of the vehicle onto the ground next to the crashed vehicle," said Lt. Larry Crowson with the Houston Police Department.
We are told one of the passengers did have drugs on him. So that person could be facing possession charges. If the driver survives, he'll face evading charges.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man kidnaps, sexually assaults woman in SE Houston 2 min ago
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom 16 min ago
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her 41 min ago
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust