Woman fatally struck by her own car on North Loop
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman was killed this morning after being hit by her own car following an accident.
It happened just before 2:30am in the 200 block of the 610 North Loop East westbound just before Interstate 45.
According to police, the woman lost control of her gray Chevrolet Impala and slammed into a concrete barrier.
"Our witness said she was just driving along and lost control, so we don't know what the cause of the initial accident actually was," HPD Sgt. J.R. Roberts said.
After the crash, the woman got out to assess the damage and was walking the main lanes of the North Loop.
As a witness was reportedly yelling at the woman to get out of the roadway and back into her car, a black Kia sedan crashed into the disabled vehicle.
The Impala then hit the woman, who was thrown into the air and pronounced dead at the scene. Her name has not been released. Police are awaiting toxicology reports to determine if she was in any way impaired before she crashed.
Police identified the driver of the Kia as Richard Arroyo, 24. He was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated. Charges are pending.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 41 min ago
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Corvette driver killed by suspected drunk driver
- Fast food restaurant held up by armed suspects
- Mom confesses to killing 3 young daughters 12 min ago
- Jet makes emergency landing in Honolulu 27 min ago
- Pre-St. Pat's bash erupts into chaos 21 min ago
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou