Alleged hit-and-run driver crashes into apartment in northwest Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was in custody Sunday night after allegedly crashing his car twice in northwest Harris County -- the second time into a family's home.
According to investigators, a red Toyota sedan was involved in a hit-and-run accident on Veterans Memorial. The driver reportedly fled the scene of the accident and went to a gas station about a mile away on Greenwood Forest at FM 1960 in the Champions Forest area.
For unknown reasons, the suspect then drove across the gas station parking lot and straight into a family's apartment, crashing through their dining room and entering their living room.
The family said the crash felt like an earthquake. Luckily, no serious injuries were reported.
Officials said the suspect could not escape from the second scene, and he was taken into custody.
This case remains under investigation.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side 32 min ago
- Would-be robbery victim kills suspect at bar
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident
- LA unanimously bans vaping in public places 48 min ago
- DUI suspect crashes into 'We Be Sober' drivers 46 min ago
- Man dancing on power pole in lifted to... 51 min ago
- Boy buried by avalanche tried to bite his way out
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- Trooper's wife killed when his gun accidentally discharged