Detectives: Four home burglary suspects caught red-handed in New Caney
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Four burglars were caught red-handed cleaning out a woman's home in New Caney.
Neighbors witnessed the break-in and called 9-1-1.
Montgomery County sheriff's deputies arrived to find two men and two women loading stolen items in three cars. They say the thieves ransacked the home and even unwrapped Christmas presents.
The homeowner's sister, Debbie Carlson, was outraged to find belongings dumped all over the front yard.
"I guess you can call 'em Grinches. Hope to god that they have plenty of time while they're sitting in that Montgomery County to realize what they've done," Carlson said.
The suspects have been identified as 43-year-old Kathi Milam, 47-year-old Thomas Curry, 47, 22-year-old Cody Cole Hawkins and 37-year-old Deanna Treacy.
They are all charged with burglary and organized crime
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 7 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Vigil held for women slain in Galveston County
- Reliant Stadium may be changing names
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast 41 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Pharmacists prescribe 'Monster Spray' for kids 47 min ago
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves
- Police: Red light runner caused wreck in downtown Houston 17 min ago
- Woman delivers her own baby on drive to hospital
- GM excluded crash deaths from ignition inquiry