Big rig driver killed in southeast Houston hit-and-run accident
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating a deadly hit-and-run accident in southeast Houston.
It happened around 8pm in the 5600 block of Almeda Genoa Road.
Authorities say the driver of an 18-wheeler was trying to cross the street when he was struck by a white, four-door car. The car then crashed into a utility pole, knocking it down.
The driver of the car got out and ran from the scene.
Detectives are still investigating, and authorities say the toppled pole has cut power to about a dozen households.
No other details were immediately available.
Stay with Eyewitness News for the latest details.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'