Father says he was forced to kill his own son during argument in Liberty County
HARDIN, TX (KTRK) -- A father claims he was forced to kill his own son Friday in Liberty County.
The Liberty County Sheriff's Office said 67-year-old Billy Wilkey admitted to shooting his son during a family argument.
It happened around 2pm Friday at Wilkey's home in the Hardin area on CR 2061.
Wilkey's son was allegedly attacking his wife, hitting her with his fist and pulling her hair inside his father's home. The son pulled his wife out of the house and was trying to get her into his truck to take her home with him. When Wilkey tried to stop the attack, his son allegedly turned on him.
Deputies said Wilkey fired a single shot from his handgun and killed his son, identified as 35-year-old Flint Wilkey.
Right now, the father is not charged. The case will be referred to a grand jury.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston 9 min ago
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects 12 min ago
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette' 14 min ago
- Parents distracted by devices, study says 56 min ago
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 15 min ago
- Car fire breaks out at high-rise parking lot
- Travis Herzog's Tuesday weather forecast
6 min ago
- Information on price tags decoded
30 min ago