Police: Eight Tomball businesses burglarized possibly by one suspect
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- Tomball police hoping to catch the burglar who smashes the front door of a business and grabs what he can.
The suspect has hit eight businesses since January 1.
"Came and saw the door had been smashed in, completely shattered," business owner Abby Hobson said.
"Somebody had thrown a piece of concrete, a huge concrete block, through the front door, glass door," Locatelli's manager Mike Allen said.
Police say one man is responsible for tormenting Tomball business owners.
"He's bold, he's pretty bold," Allen said.
He's pitching cement blocks at front doors in the dead of night and walking away with everything from candy to cash, to a gun.
"Found the rock about maybe 15 feet in, so he threw it hard," Hobson said. "He might just hurt somebody and that's what frightens me."
He hit Hobson's Christian bookstore.
"If you're a spiritual person, you're not going to be doing stuff like this," she said.
He also targeted Locatelli's Pizza across the street that same night.
"Its seems like our alarm would still be going off and he's over there already hitting another one," Allen said.
Up and down the Highway 249 business and bypass, it's the same scenario.
"It really looks like he's looking for establishments that have a cash register or something close to a window that he's making entry to," Tomball Police Department Capt. Rickey Doerre said.
So far, none of the business owners or employees have recognized him, but police hope now someone will recognize him and helps put him behind bars.
"We have to catch him," Hobson said.
Police think they may be more than one suspect. If you recognize the suspect or the getaway car, call Crime Stoppers at 713-222-8477 or Tomball police at 281-351-5451.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
tomball, local, sonia azad
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- Two dead in NW Houston nursing home shooting 15 min ago
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 56 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 50 min ago
- Woman says used car's sweet deal turned sour
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire