Car with 4-year-old inside towed from apartment complex in north Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating after a four-year-old child was found inside a car towed in north Harris County.
It happened at an apartment complex in the 800 block of Aldine Bender.
The mother of the four-year-old child says she ran up to into an apartment while her four-year-old child was asleep. When she returned, her car was gone.
"She was sleep and I just wanted to get my other baby and they took my car," said the child's mother Brandy Taylor.
The tow truck driver says the vehicle was illegally parked. The wrecker driver admitted to deputies that he'd taken pictures of the car before he towed it but didn't look inside.
When deputies found the tow truck the little girl was still asleep inside the car. The child was reunited with the mother about 30 minutes later.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women 24 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase 59 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded 52 min ago
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 2 min ago
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Battery dead? Use the virtual smartphone 30 min ago
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers