Former First Lady Barbara Bush discharged from Houston Methodist Hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former First Lady Barbara Bush was discharged from Houston's Methodist Hospital today, a family spokesperson says.
Bush family spokesman Jim McGrath made the announcement this morning.
The 88-year-old wife of former President George H.W. Bush has been at Methodist since Monday for treatment of pneumonia.
"I cannot thank the doctors and nurses at Houston Methodist enough for making sure I got the best treatment and got back to George and our dogs as quickly as possible," Mrs. Bush said in a statement released this morning.
Bush and her husband, the 41st president, live in Houston during the winter and in Maine during the warmer months of the year.
Their 69th wedding anniversary is this Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena 40 min ago
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather 42 min ago
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- David Tillman's Easter forecast
55 min ago