Former First Lady Barbara Bush discharged from Houston Methodist Hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Former First Lady Barbara Bush was discharged from Houston's Methodist Hospital today, a family spokesperson says.
Bush family spokesman Jim McGrath made the announcement this morning.
The 88-year-old wife of former President George H.W. Bush has been at Methodist since Monday for treatment of pneumonia.
"I cannot thank the doctors and nurses at Houston Methodist enough for making sure I got the best treatment and got back to George and our dogs as quickly as possible," Mrs. Bush said in a statement released this morning.
Bush and her husband, the 41st president, live in Houston during the winter and in Maine during the warmer months of the year.
Their 69th wedding anniversary is this Monday.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two women found dead in Galveston County 24 min ago
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 10 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged 45 min ago
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy
- Video: Generous students get visit from big Texan