Best friends give birth on same day in Baytown hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- To Brook Hamilton and Lauren Thames, their friendship means everything. And last year their connection became even closer when the two best friends found out they were both expecting.
"I was so excited because I was, like, I'm going to be pregnant with my best friend," Hamilton said.
But no one was prepared for what happened next.
Hamilton was in a Baytown hospital, preparing to have her baby girl. Thames, who was more than two weeks out from her due date, was right by her friend's side in the delivery room as planned. But that's when Thames started having contractions, too.
"I was in the room with her, and they forced me out because I was having contractions," Thames said.
The two best friends were in active labor at the same time, and it was Thames, who was there as a visitor, who delivered her baby boy first. Four hours later, her best friend Hamilton delivered her baby girl.
"Everybody kept saying, 'Y'all are going to have y'all's babies at the same time on the same day,'" Hamilton said.
But they didn't think it would actually happen.
These best friends said their babies must have felt their moms' special bond and wanted a bond like that for themselves.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, samica knight
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home