Best friends give birth on same day in Baytown hospital
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- To Brook Hamilton and Lauren Thames, their friendship means everything. And last year their connection became even closer when the two best friends found out they were both expecting.
"I was so excited because I was, like, I'm going to be pregnant with my best friend," Hamilton said.
But no one was prepared for what happened next.
Hamilton was in a Baytown hospital, preparing to have her baby girl. Thames, who was more than two weeks out from her due date, was right by her friend's side in the delivery room as planned. But that's when Thames started having contractions, too.
"I was in the room with her, and they forced me out because I was having contractions," Thames said.
The two best friends were in active labor at the same time, and it was Thames, who was there as a visitor, who delivered her baby boy first. Four hours later, her best friend Hamilton delivered her baby girl.
"Everybody kept saying, 'Y'all are going to have y'all's babies at the same time on the same day,'" Hamilton said.
But they didn't think it would actually happen.
These best friends said their babies must have felt their moms' special bond and wanted a bond like that for themselves.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, samica knight
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 34 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Couple find themselves in middle of armed robbery 11 min ago
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico