Firefighters busy battling several fires in different parts of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- It was another busy night for Houston firefighters after several fires broke out around the same time late last night.
The first happened on Elysian in north Houston around 9pm. A fire destroyed this one-story home. No one was inside at the time. The cause of the fire is under investigation.
A fire also broke at an auto repair shop on Laura Koppe in northeast Houston around 10pm. An employee who lives on the property tried to put out the fire with a garden hose, but he says it was frozen.
"I was sitting up doing crossword puzzles and all of the power went out, so I knew something was wrong," said employee Robert Morgan. "I came out with one of the flashlights and I saw fire in one of the rooms."
Firefighters arrived and put out the blaze. The fire destroyed most of the shop.
A third fire looks suspicious, according to fire officials. Emergency crews were called to this vacant home on South Hall just after11pm. The fire destroyed the house before firefighters could put it out. The house had no running utilities, which is why arson is investigating.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women 49 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 13 min ago
- Recognize either of these guys?
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Family wakes up to stranger inside their SW Houston home
- Pap smears could be thing of the past
- Designer Western wear on a budget
- Photos: Texas A&M nursing bald eagle back to...
- Chrysler recalls 49,000 Chargers to fix headlights
- Target apologizes for girl's bathing suit Photoshop fail
- Amazon accused of cheating customers
- Utah trucker accused of keeping sex slaves