Baytown man creates snow to surprise kids
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- One man in Baytown is using the cold weather to turn his home into a winter wonderland.
Snow is covering the front yard of Garrett Lenderman's home. He used a snow blowing machine to put at least a foot of snow in his front yard for his three little girls.
Lenderman says he wanted his daughters to wake up in the morning and see snow in person.
"When they walk out the door in the morning and see a foot of snow at their front door, that's not nothing like they expected and it's exciting," said Lenderman.
The girls were delighted, and quickly became the envy of their neighborhood. The whole family took a special snow day from work and school.
These girls are convinced they have the best day in the world!
Maci Lenderman, 11, said, "It was really nice because, he puts up with a lot. Honestly. He really does."
"Other kids don't get cool dads, and they don't get to have enough time with them," said Alexa Lenderman, 9.
Lenderman stayed up all night to make sure kids in the neighborhood don't dive into the snow before his daughters. But later, he planned to open up his yard to all the neighborhood kids.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes 58 min ago
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant