Baytown man creates snow to surprise kids
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- One man in Baytown is using the cold weather to turn his home into a winter wonderland.
Snow is covering the front yard of Garrett Lenderman's home. He used a snow blowing machine to put at least a foot of snow in his front yard for his three little girls.
Lenderman says he wanted his daughters to wake up in the morning and see snow in person.
"When they walk out the door in the morning and see a foot of snow at their front door, that's not nothing like they expected and it's exciting," said Lenderman.
The girls were delighted, and quickly became the envy of their neighborhood. The whole family took a special snow day from work and school.
These girls are convinced they have the best day in the world!
Maci Lenderman, 11, said, "It was really nice because, he puts up with a lot. Honestly. He really does."
"Other kids don't get cool dads, and they don't get to have enough time with them," said Alexa Lenderman, 9.
Lenderman stayed up all night to make sure kids in the neighborhood don't dive into the snow before his daughters. But later, he planned to open up his yard to all the neighborhood kids.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- One dead, several injured in bar shooting 5 min ago
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Family affected by HPD homicide probe speaks out
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Rockets fall to Portland again, down 2-0 in series
- Authorities: Deadly wreck sparked by fleeing driver 3 min ago
- Job fair today only for veterans, spouses 2 min ago
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled 53 min ago
- Two people shot outside auto shop
- Man seeks to hide 'murder' tattoo before trial
- Cy-Fair ISD: Bible OK to bring for independent reading
- Fetal tissue used to power Oregon homes