Exclusive: Woman beaten during northeast Houston burglary recalls horrifying experience
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman survives a violent attack, and now she's sharing her story exclusively with Eyewitness News.
It all started Monday when she interrupted a burglary at her own home in northeast Houston.
"It was like woom and then knocked me down and then boom, boom, boom! Just beating me until I was just bloody," Thompson said.
Thompson, 66, was just released from the hospital. She now has 12 stitches in her scalp. She says she was in a rush Monday afternoon when she pulled into her driveway. She barely noticed the beige truck parked nearby until a man walked out of her garage.
"He said, 'Well we got a call that your alarm went out.' I don't have an alarm. So I turned around," Thompson said.
That's when Thompson says she was attacked. She says she was in and out of consciousness as her attacker and an accomplice then took her car keys, purse, and jacket and drove off.
Neighbors later found the grandmother of ten and great-grandmother-of-eight lying in her front yard. She was cold, bloody, and confused.
"That could be anybody's mom getting in the car going to the mall, going to the store, coming from church and they're being attacked," said Thompson's daughter, Stephanie Ellis.
Thompson is expected to recover physically, but, after 47 years in this home, she now plans to move out. Her peace of mind, her independence was stolen.
"Now it seem like you can't even walk to the store and feel at peace without looking behind you," Thompson said.
The suspects did make off with Thompson's home computer. A search for their whereabouts continues.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to contact Crime Stoppers of Houston at (713) 222-TIPS (8477).
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $5,000 for any information called in to the 713-222-TIPS (8477) or submitted online at www.crime-stoppers.org that leads to the filing of felony charges or arrest of the suspect in this case. Tips can also be sent by text message. Text TIP610 plus your tip to CRIMES (274637). All tipsters remain anonymous.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, pooja lodhia
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star 33 min ago
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 7 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW 32 min ago
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston 15 min ago
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident