Waitress couldn't believe big tip was really real
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A diner wanted to leave a generous tip for her server, but the hard-working waitress didn't think she deserved the whole thing.
On Tuesday, Sarah Baca left a $100 tip for Daniella Ron at Lupe Tortillas in north Houston. Baca left the tip on top of a $44 tab she had when she ate at the restaurant with her four children.
Baca said the server did a great job and she just wanted to make her smile. But Baca left before she could see Ron's reaction. Baca then noticed on her bank account that the waitress only took a $10 tip.
Baca said, "She only did a $10 tip so I wanted to come by today and drop off $100 cash for her, because I left the hundred bucks on the bill and she only took ten of it. And I thought, 'Let me go back and give it to her.'"
"I didn't think it was $100," Ron explained. "I thought it was $10."
Ron says she is very appreciative of the tip and says nothing like this has ever happened to her.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 15 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 16 min ago
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt 9 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 55 min ago
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns