Suspects charged in Baytown stabbing death to appear in court
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- Two men charged with capital murder after a body was found in a ditch in Baytown will be in court this morning.
The two suspects were arrested on Tuesday. They are accused of robbing and fatally stabbing a man, and leaving his body by the side of the road. The victim has been identified as Christian Brown.
Brown's body was found early in morning the day after Christmas in the 7600 block of Harrison Street in Baytown. He'd been stabbed several times.
At the time, investigators with the Harris County Sheriff's Office had no suspects and no clear motive. This week, they arrested Anthony Bowen, 45, and Timothy Johnson, 17.
The two are charged with capital murder, accused of stabbing Brown with a kitchen knife and robbing him. They are both being held without bond.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- After bombs, Boston Marathon under tight security
- Robbery call leads to wild chase in north Houston
- Rockets drop heartbreaker to Blazers in Game 1
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident
- Group offers free prom dresses to girls
- Lohan says on reality show she had miscarriage
- Kraft recalling 96K pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck will be charged
- Teen survives California to Hawaii flight in wheel well 29 min ago
- Country music singer Kevin Sharp dies at age 43 13 min ago
- General Mills scraps controversial new legal terms 15 min ago
- Car hits packed Florida church, injuring about 20
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- John Paul's legacy stained by sex abuse scandal