Chambers County SO: Traffic stop leads to discovery of 11 pounds of pot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a traffic stop in Chambers County ended with the discovery of more than $20,000 worth of marijuana and the arrest of two men.
It happened around 1:30pm Tuesday on Interstate 10, just east of Jenkins Road.
According to the Chambers County Sheriff's Office, the suspects, Derail Curtis Hudson, 26, and Arliss Oneal Hudson, 27, gave deputies conflicting stories, so officers asked to search their rented Nissan truck.
During the search, about 11 pounds of marijuana and a Glock 9mm pistol were discovered in the car. The pot is estimated to be worth about $24,000.
Both Hudsons were arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and unlawfully carrying a weapon. A total of $19,000 bond has been set for each suspect.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston 13 min ago
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston 8 min ago
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged 1 min ago
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico 3 min ago
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Woman forgives son's killer at the gallows
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Travis Herzog's midday weather forecast
1 min ago