Chambers County SO: Traffic stop leads to discovery of 11 pounds of pot
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities say a traffic stop in Chambers County ended with the discovery of more than $20,000 worth of marijuana and the arrest of two men.
It happened around 1:30pm Tuesday on Interstate 10, just east of Jenkins Road.
According to the Chambers County Sheriff's Office, the suspects, Derail Curtis Hudson, 26, and Arliss Oneal Hudson, 27, gave deputies conflicting stories, so officers asked to search their rented Nissan truck.
During the search, about 11 pounds of marijuana and a Glock 9mm pistol were discovered in the car. The pot is estimated to be worth about $24,000.
Both Hudsons were arrested on charges of possession of marijuana and unlawfully carrying a weapon. A total of $19,000 bond has been set for each suspect.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 13 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer 23 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse