Man arrested after gun goes off at Houston Greyhound bus station
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A man was arrested after a gun went off in the Greyhound bus station in midtown Houston.
It happened about 7:40am. Police say Marcus Ashby was sitting on the floor and put something in his front pocket when his semi-automatic pistol accidentally went off. The bullet hit the ground and fragments hit a person next to him in the buttocks.
When asked about security practices, Greyhound said, "Greyhound has security cameras and security officers in our terminal around the clock in our Houston location and the company has an excellent safety record."
Ashby is charged with unlawfully carrying a weapon.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course