Man sneaks into Fort Bend County woman's garage, sexually assaults her
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for a man who sexually assaulted a woman after sneaking into the garage of her northeast Fort Bend County home.
It happened around 1pm on December 20 at a home in the Pheasant Creek area, between Highway 6 and FM 1464, as a woman was going home for lunch.
According to Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers, the woman had just pulled her car into her garage and got out when she was attacked by a man. The suspect sexually assaulted her in the garage and then threatened her if she called anyone.
"The suspect did not exhibit a weapon," said Capt. James Burger with the Fort Bend County Sheriff's Office. "He used phsyical force and threats against the victim."
Detectives say the woman was surprised to find her garage door open when she arrived home, but didn't think much of it before getting out of her vehicle. It's not clear if the man was lurking inside the garage or waited just outside before making his move. Officials remind residents to be cautious and aware of their surroundings.
The suspect was described as possibly a white male, who appeared to be in his mid to late 40s and was about 5 feet, 9 inches tall. He had a deep voice, an unshaven face and was stocky. He wore khaki pants and the victim reported the man reeked of cigarette smoke.
The Sheriff's Office had a sketch made of the suspect and is seeking help in identifying him.
Information which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspect involved could earn a reward of up to $5,000.
All calls to Crime Stoppers are anonymous.
Fort Bend County Crime Stoppers, Inc.
- Call (281) 342-TIPS (8477)
- Send a Text Message: Text FBCCS plus your tip to CRIMES (274637)
- Submit Online: www.fortbend-tx-crimestoppers.org
Information, which leads to the apprehension and filing of charges on the suspect(s) involved, could earn you up to $5,000 CASH REWARD
All calls to Crime Stoppers are ANONYMOUS.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston