Murder charge filed against Liberty County man five months after infant's death
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A capital murder charge has been filed in the death of a Liberty County four-week-old girl who died over the summer.
Brian Christopher Keith, 29, was arrested and is being held in the Liberty County Jail in connection to the July 2, 2013 death of Nevaeh Keith, according to a statement from the sheriff's office. Authorities say they're not sure if Keith is the infant's biological father because he was in jail when she was born.
Keith was charged after an autopsy report ruled Nevaeh's death as homicide.
"Well it was critical because that told the entire story. The pathologist called it a homicide compression death, and basically what that is, is an interruption of the respiratory system by placing pressure," said Liberty County Sheriff's Office Capt. Ken DeFoor.
Authorities say Keith was already being held on a probation revocation charge when the murder charge was filed against him and has a criminal history with the sheriff's department.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Texans release TE Owen Daniels 25 min ago
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent 3 min ago
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Neighbor helps nab fence-jumping burglary suspects
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Former detention officer charged with official oppresssion
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat