Harris Co. tries to ban popular gang from part of Aldine
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The notorious Bloods and Crips gangs are again being targeted by Harris County.
The county is asking a judge to order an injunction to bar 54 Bloods and Crips members from the east Aldine safety zone. This zone includes two schools along with several apartments, restaurants, retail stores and a residential community.
"They're not welcome there. We're telling them don't come in because their history and evidence shows that all they do is cause problems," said Celena Vinson with the Harris County Attorney's Office.
Harris County did obtain a similar court order last year for the Brays Oaks Community.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- One killed in west Houston wreck
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Texas town recovering, year after deadly blast
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant