Man trying to cross East Freeway hit, killed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The westbound lanes of I-10 were shut down just before Mercury this morning after the driver of an SUV struck and killed a man walking across.
The accident happened around 2am. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver kept going and then finally pulled over on the East Loop at Wallisville Road and called 911.
The freeway was reopened just after 5:15am. No word of any charges against the driver.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Police: Woman tried to abduct boy walking to school
- HFD vehicle involved in deadly accident
- ABC13 gets exclusive tour of home after drug bust
- Neighbors forced to pull up community garden
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Arrested partiers claim Galveston police went too far
- HPD officer involved in northeast Houston crash
- Fire engulfs northeast Houston home
- Obama imposes sanctions over Ukraine crisis
- Man to be tried as adult for deadly childhood attack
- Two arrested in deadly hit-and-run on FM 1960
- Woman asleep in Bieber's rented home arrested
- Woman's mummified body found at Detroit-area home