Man trying to cross East Freeway hit, killed
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- The westbound lanes of I-10 were shut down just before Mercury this morning after the driver of an SUV struck and killed a man walking across.
The accident happened around 2am. The pedestrian was pronounced dead at the scene.
Police say the driver kept going and then finally pulled over on the East Loop at Wallisville Road and called 911.
The freeway was reopened just after 5:15am. No word of any charges against the driver.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Lockdown at Kemah Walmart lifted 54 min ago
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck 2 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290