Body found in southwest Houston apartment
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A body was found in a southwest Houston apartment Tuesday. Police say they were tipped off to it by a woman who had been shot herself.
It happened around 11:30am Tuesday at the Palms apartment complex on Westheimer and Marilee.
The body of the male victim is still there. Police have not given us any details about how he was killed.
What we do know is that a woman who was walking her dog was shot in the leg and bleeding. That's when a neighbor called police.
The woman was taken to the hospital. Police say she is OK.
Authorities said at first, the woman refused to cooperate but then eventually gave in and told them about the man shot inside apartment 1808. When officers returned to the scene, they found the door unlocked and the man dead.
Police said at this time, no drugs have been found inside the apartment, but they are not ruling out if drugs played a role in the shooting.
"It could be one of two things: It could be a domestic situation or it could be a robbery. We believe she was residing at the apartment for a short period of time. That's all we have at this time," HPD Sgt. Anthony Versluis said.
One neighbor told us the man lived at the complex with two women.
"Just hi and bye," neighbor Maurice Chapman said. "I never even knew his name. I just live up here. Being adults, just typical stuff. I didn't have a relationship with him at all."
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 56 min ago
- Helping military families, one child at a time
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Young artists put on unique display 53 min ago
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Comedian David Brenner, 'Tonight' favorite, dies
- Man killed by authorities 'Into the wild' hunter
- Sea survivor keeps promise he made to dead friend
- Daughter asks: Who did I bury?
- Workers recover Bible from rubble of NYC buildings
- Police: Man lived with dead wife for days
- Girl, 5, spends day at wrong school
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods