Stolen phone leads deputies to north Houston electronics store's robbery suspects
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Four men accused of robbing a north Harris County electronics store on Thursday are now behind bars.
Johnothan Fields, 24, Jerome Harris, 27, Marckel Burns, 18, and Desmond Phillips, 19, are all charged with aggravated robbery.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the four suspects entered the store armed with handguns, and one of them fired his weapon at the ceiling. The suspects then demanded money and phones.
The suspects fled in a white van, which was later found abandoned behind a building near the robbery. However, detectives were able to track one of the stolen phones back to an apartment complex in the 5600 block of Yale Street, and that's where they found all four suspects.
No one was injured in the robbery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Man nabbed after video shows burglar staring at baby
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- It's Free Stuff Friday!
- HPD aims to keep officers safe behind wheels
- Man avoids $525 fine for soda refill
- Two people inside parked car shot, one fatally
- Twin boys fight off carjacker in San Antonio
- Chipotle plans first price hike in 3 years
- Use natural dyes to decorate Easter eggs
- Michaels confirms breach of as many as 2.6M cards
- Prosecutors seek arrest warrant for ferry captain
- Kansas City highway shooting suspect in custody
- 12 killed, 3 missing in avalanche on Everest
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County