Stolen phone leads deputies to north Houston electronics store's robbery suspects
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Four men accused of robbing a north Harris County electronics store on Thursday are now behind bars.
Johnothan Fields, 24, Jerome Harris, 27, Marckel Burns, 18, and Desmond Phillips, 19, are all charged with aggravated robbery.
According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, the four suspects entered the store armed with handguns, and one of them fired his weapon at the ceiling. The suspects then demanded money and phones.
The suspects fled in a white van, which was later found abandoned behind a building near the robbery. However, detectives were able to track one of the stolen phones back to an apartment complex in the 5600 block of Yale Street, and that's where they found all four suspects.
No one was injured in the robbery.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure 42 min ago
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival 24 min ago
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly 14 min ago
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death 38 min ago
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns