Three people burned in Ft. Bend County house fire
ARCOLA, TX (KTRK) -- A house fire rocked an entire Ft. Bend County neighborhood last night.
At around 8:30pm, several people called 911 and reported hearing an explosion near the home on West Davis Street in Arcola before it went up in flames.
The fire marshal says it's still not clear what caused the fire and they're trying to determine if there was actually an explosion. By the time crews arrived, the entire home was up in flames.
The fire department says three people were burned in the fire, including Gloria Ruiz's mother and sister.
"My sister was trying to get out and the neighbors across the street broke the door and got her out," said Ruiz. "She's burned beyond recognition. All her clothes was burned off. All her skin was black right now and they Life-flighted my mom. Her face, hands and feet are burned."
Ruiz says a dog belonging to her sister did not survive the fire.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Search widens for missing Malaysian passenger jet
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Colorado collects $2 million in recreational pot taxes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant