Tomball boy's determination helps friend in need
TOMBALL, TX (KTRK) -- A boy's determination to help a friend in need is inspiring people all over the world.
David Carnahan of Tomball says his friend and crush since second grade lost her father just before Christmas. The family didn't have any life insurance, so David set up an account on the GoFundMe.com website to raise money.
The original goal was $500. So far, the site has collected more than $7,000.
"I think it's really nice that people that I don't know just took their time to donate, and it's making me really happy," David said.
"It's just a wonderful lesson for him and for my other children and also myself and my husband to continue to pay it forward and be selfless and help others in need," said David's mom, Jennifer.
Jennifer says people from as far away as Australia, Poland and Switzerland have made donations.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns