One brother killed, another hospitalized after double motorcycle crash on North Freeway at FM 1960
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A deadly double motorcycle accident was under investigation Sunday night in northwest Houston.
It happened just before 7pm on Interstate 45 near FM 1960.
According to Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies, two brothers were on two motorcycles, riding one behind the other on the southbound feeder road.
Officials said the driver of a car in front of them wasn't familiar with the area and started to enter the HOV lane, which was closed.
That driver reportedly swerved back into the feeder road and the motorcycles swerved to avoid him, but then they ended up heading for the HOV lane themselves.
The first motorcycle crashed through the barricade.
"Red motorcycle behind him didn't have time to stop; ran into him, ran over him," witness Ernest Johnson said. "That's when I ran across the freeway and was attending to the guy who was on the black motorcycle. He wasn't conscious, wasn't breathing."
One brother died at the scene. The other was taken by Life Flight to an area hospital.
Deputies said both men were wearing helmets.
No additional details have been released.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Outlet mall shoppers get Sunday scare
- Teen fatally shot remembered in service in Spring
- Car leaves gaping hole in apartment complex
- Record tied at RodeoHouston school art auction
- Crimea votes to secede from Ukraine
- US rejects Crimea vote, cites Russian intimidation
- Facebook campaign aims to save dog that mauled 4-year-old
- Last words from missing jet came after shutdown
- 3 pieces of evidence point to jet's takeover
- Foster tweets he's been medically cleared to play
- Wrong way driver dies after slamming into students' SUV
- Rockets fall to Heat for third straight loss
- Cavs join Gators, 'Cats, Shockers as No. 1 seeds
- HISD expanding dual language program