One killed, two injured in Ft. Bend Co. restaurant shooting
ARCOLA, TX (KTRK) -- One man is dead, killed right in front of his father, after bullets started to fly last night inside a Ft. Bend County restaurant filled with customers.
It happened at the Taqueria Regio restaurant in along FM 521 and Highway 6 in Arcola at around 11pm. About 30 customers, including children, were inside when police say two groups of customers started to argue. It soon escalated to gunfire.
"Don't know if it was an ongoing argument, so much noise in the restaurant at that time with the music going," said Arcola Police Chief David Tezino. "We have a couple of eyewitnesses that we're still questioning and we're looking at video."
Family members tell Eyewitness News the 29-year-old father of four was inside the restaurant when there was an altercation between the victim and four other men. Witnesses say the victim called his father to come to the restaurant. When he arrived, witnesses say two of the men pulled out guns, shooting the younger man four times, killing him before wounding his father as well.
The victim's father was taken to an area hospital. There's no word on his condition.
A third person was grazed by a bullet. We're told she was taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
Police are investigating surveillance video from inside the establishment to try to help track down the killers, who remain on the loose.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool 52 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop 50 min ago
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven 32 min ago
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course
- Gov. Perry to appear on Jimmy Kimmel Live!
35 min ago