1 killed, 3 injured after being run over in dance hall parking lot in Spring; Driver charged with murder
SPRING, TX (KTRK) -- A driver accused of intentionally running over a group of people after a fight outside a popular north Harris County dance hall Saturday morning, killing one woman and injuring three other people, was charged with murder.
It happened around 2:30am at Big Texas Dance Hall & Saloon on the North Freeway near Holzwarth in Spring.
"It was reported that somebody had been run over; several people run over. At this point, we have one deceased; three injured," HCSO Sgt. Felipe Rivera said.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies said a confrontation erupted in the parking lot. Tito Estrada Juarez allegedly jumped into a black pickup truck and drove into four people. He then fled the scene.
One woman -- identified as Alexandra Rodriguez, 20 -- died at the scene. Paramedics loaded up three other victims -- a man and two women -- and took them to an area hospital with non-life-threatening injuries.
"From what we understand, nothing happened inside the dance hall. It happened outside, the confrontation between two parties," Rivera said.
Juarez, 20, is charged with murder.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, simon gutierrez
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Frustration mounts for church members
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Search continues for clues in women's murders
- Driver charged in deadly SXSW wreck
- Funny video from Jessica Willey's Colorado...
- Search for missing Malaysian jet expands
- Students, parents react after HISD vote
- Photos: Maroon 5 draws massive Rodeo crowd
- Richmond traffic stop leads to drug bust
- Pearland mom honored on 'Live with Kelly and Michael'