Harris County deputy constable arrested in prostitution sting arranged by his agency
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Harris County deputy constable is facing charges after being caught up in his own department's prostitution sting.
Emmanuel Augustine, 29, is charged with prostitution. According to investigators, the Harris County Precinct 4 Constable's Office was working the sting in an area near Imperial Valley and FM 1960 when Augustine, who works at Precinct 4, solicited the undercover deputy for sex. We're told he wasn't on duty at the time but he was wearing his uniform pants.
Augustine has worked for Precinct 4 as a patrol deputy since 2009. In response to his arrest, the agency issued the following statement:
"Following his identification, the administration was notified and responded to the arrest location. Emmanuel Augustine was placed on immediate administrative suspension without pay pending an investigation into the incident."
In probable cause court Wednesday evening, Augustine was kept separate from the other inmates. The judge released him on his own recognizance. He gets to go home, but his job in is question.
If convicted of the class B misdemeanor, Augustine faces a fine of up to $2,000 and/or jail time of not more than 180 days.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat