Two-alarm fire severely damages Burger King restaurant in Angleton
ANGLETON, TX (KTRK) -- Detectives are investigating a two-alarm fire that broke out at a fast food restaurant in Angleton.
The fire erupted around 7:30pm Friday in the kitchen of the Burger King on Highway 36.
Restaurant employees say they smelled smoke and checked the broiler but did not see anything.
"I ended up not being able to breathe. So I came outside and I saw the fire in the corner of the building. And I ran back inside and I grabbed the phone and I told everyone to please evacuate," employee Perla Garcia said.
Firefighters say flames had spread to the attic by the time they arrived.
The restaurant was destroyed. It was the only Burger King in Angleton.
The cause of the fire is still unknown.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home