Southeast Houston trailer fire kills elderly man
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Arson detectives are investigating a deadly mobile home fire in southeast Houston. A woman escaped from the burning trailer, but an elderly man did not.
Firefighters found his body near the front door. Family members say the dead man may have been trying to hook up a heater.
"They said it was a little fire and then it spread. They were able to get out and he wasn't because he was in a bad condition. He wasn't able to just run out," family member Laron Douglas said.
Firefighters say the home was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived. They managed to get the fire under control around 11:30pm.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat