Female jogger fights off attacker in Montgomery County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities in Montgomery County are looking for the man who attacked a woman who was jogging.
The woman told deputies a suspect grabbed her by her ponytail and hit her face while she was running on Robin Lane and Whipporwill Road. She was able to fight back. The suspect took off.
The 27-year-old woman was taken to the hospital to be treated for injuries.
The suspect is described as a dark-colored male, standing approximately six feet tall and weighing around 230 pounds. He had short hair and appeared to have a tattoo or dark marking on the left side of his neck. At the time of the assault, the man was reportedly wearing a blue shirt with "New York" on it and black sweat pants. He also had an earring in his right ear.
If you have any information about this attack, you're asked to call Montgomery County Crime Stoppers at 800-392-STOP. Crime Stoppers will pay up to a $1,000 cash reward for information leading to an arrest or indictment of a felony crime.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Two dead in apparent murder suicide in Pasadena 8 min ago
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?'
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Wrestler hugs opponent's dad after loss
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 37 min ago
- Dying child receives experimental drug 52 min ago
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- First the wind, then the cold