Police: Man fleeing party strikes League City officer
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A man is in custody after allegedly hitting a police officer while trying to flee a party in League City early Saturday morning.
It happened at around 1:15am in the 2000 block of Port Bridge Lane in the Brittany Lakes subdivision. League City police were responded to a noise complaint there.
As officers were trying to pull over a vehicle leaving that scene, the vehicle struck an officer, reportedly leaving him with minor injuries.
Police say the vehicle sped away, but was later pulled over in the 1600 block of West Main Street. The driver, identified as Ronald C. Degrate, 19, was arrested for aggravated assault of a peace officer. His bond has been set at $60,000.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
league city, local
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Suspect killed in home invasion in N. Harris Co.
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 33 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns 31 min ago
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders