Investigators baffled by family's murder mystery in Cypress
CYPRESS, TX (KTRK) -- A quadruple murder mystery has investigators stumped, after a family of four was found dead in their home in Cypress. All the deaths have been ruled homicides, but investigators need help to find out who shot a father, mother and their two young sons.
Harris County investigators are asking for the public's help as they try to find the people responsible for the brutal murder of this family. So far, there is very little information to go on.
What we do know is that the last time anyone saw the family was when the father went to work on January 24. A few days later, detectives found all four family members dead in the house while conducting a welfare check.
Friends have identified the father as Maoye Sun and the mother as Mei Xie. Cy-Fair ISD has identified the boys as Timothy and Titus Sun.
Investigators say everyone was shot and killed. But detectives do not know the kind or the caliber of the weapon that was used.
The parents are naturalized US citizens from China. The kids were involved in many school activities. Investigators say they are just baffled by it all.
"As a daddy, it just strikes an incredible nerve in the core of my body," said Harris County Sheriff Adrian Garcia. "I need everyone in this region, anyone who is receiving this information, to help us bring these evil-doers to justice."
I have spoken to friends who knew the family well. They tell us by all accounts they were fairly average. The dad worked, the mom took the boys to swim practice, and they were involved in local Chinese school on the weekends and other activities. Nothing was unusual, so the last thing they would expect was for something so tragic to happen.
Anyone with information about this case can contact Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS or the Harris County Sheriff's Office.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, miya shay
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case
- Student reports near abduction while leaving school