Three arrested after chase ends with crash in Waller County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Three suspects are in custody this morning after chase ended with a crash in Waller County.
It all began around 1am in northwest Harris County. According to the Harris County Sheriff's Office, deputies received a call about a group of people driving around a neighborhood, breaking into and spraypainting cars in a subdivision near Mason Road and Clay Road.
They soon found the suspects in a stolen Ford F-250.
A deputy was reportedly patrolling the subdivision on Dove Road when he saw a vehicle's dome light on in a driveway. The deputy blocked the driveway with his patrol car.
According to HCSO, the suspects were trying to steal two other trucks in that driveway.
A chase began and ended when the pickup slammed into a ditch, drove through a fence and then crashed into a gas meter, causing it to rupture at the end of Clay at Schlipf Rd. in Waller County.
Deputies said they arrested one man, but two other suspects went on the run. A K-9 unit was called out to assist, and the other two -- the male driver and a female passenger -- were soon taken into custody, officials said.
In all, there were about 20 officers from HCSO, Waller County and Katy at the scene. Officials said the stolen truck was full of stolen property.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
local, elissa rivas
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 34 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck 10 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged