Rig driver injured in early morning commute wreck on East Freeway near Gregg
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A truck hanging half over the East Freeway near Gregg during the morning commute brought traffic to a snarl.
There was a crash about 9:20am Wednesday and the back wheels ended dup on the guardrail. The rig driver was rushed to a nearby hospital but the extent of his injuries and condition are not known.
Traffic was forced down to two lanes while the scene was cleared.
No other drivers were hurt.
Take ABC13 with you!
Download our free apps for iPhone, iPad and Android devices
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Security guard fatally shot in SW Houston
- Fatal multi-vehicle wreck shuts down 290 at Grand Parkway 11 min ago
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston
- Man allegedly seen on video during burglary charged
- Police: Man suffocated son so he could play video games
- Houston's cardinal to attend popes'...
54 min ago